I’m a journalist and ghostwriter who has spent the past 18 years interviewing and writing about people from all walks of life. To date I’ve written 12 books, including four Sunday Times bestsellers and it’s estimated the books I’ve ghosted have sold over 200,000 copies. I’ve written for both men and women, covering many genres including celebrity, self-help, social history, misery memoirs and sporting.
My latest published book The Race to Truth; Blowing the whistle on Lance Armstrong and cycling’s doping culture, by Emma O’Reilly, was nominated for the Board Gais Energy Sports Book of the Year 2014 ( Ireland) and was one of The Guardian’s Books of the Year 2014.
I also ghost wrote Jade Goody’s last autobiography, Forever in My Heart, which was a number one bestseller in the UK for four weeks.
I’m able to work to tight deadlines with great efficiency and capture a person’s voice completely. My books have been serialised in major newspapers including The Sun, The Mirror, OK magazine and book excerpts have even made front page headlines and authors have appeared on prime time TV shows. I’ve also spoken at several literary events about life as a ghostwriter including the Ham & High lit festival and Archway With Words literary festival, as well as several colleges and universities.
Reviews of books:
- The Race to Truth: ‘Of all the depictions of Armstrong over the years, this is the most empathetic, unrelenting in its depiction of the doping monster, yet ultimately it is also forgiving.’ (The Guardian)
- Forever in my Heart, Jade Goody: ‘Goody and her editor have achieved something almost profound in this journal. It’s death laid bare, with no literary trickery to make the misery seem “important”. It’s just miserable – and all the more moving for that.’ (Sunday Times)
- Things Get Better, Katie Piper: ‘A touching and truly inspirational book‘ (Closer magazine)
- Mum’s Army, Winifred Philips: ‘A humbling and fascinating experience… utterly delightful book‘ (Daily Mail)
Full list of ghosted books:
- Forever in My Heart by Jade Goody
- Gypsy Princess by Violet Cannon
- Nobody Cared by Terrie O’Brian
- At the Coal Face by Catherine Paton Black
- Life on a Plate by Gregg Wallace
- Things Get Better by Katie Piper
- Mum’s Army by Winifred Philips
- A Therapist’s Story on Harley Street by Michael McKenna
- Where the Opium Grows; Surviving Pakistan and Knowing Imran Khan, by Hajra Panezai
- Stolen Voices by Paul and Terrie Duckett
- The Race to Truth by Emma O’Reilly
‘Shannon did more than just write my book. She handled the story with sensitivity and completely embraced all facets of the ghosting job. Her research was not only very thorough but she bought the story alive in an emotional way. She could be trusted to relay the facts but also the emotion, capturing my voice appropriately for my story.’
Emma O’Reilly author of ‘Race to Truth’ nominated for Sports Book of the Year.
To find out how I can help you, visit my website at www.shannonkyle.co.uk